Thursday, October 18, 2007

grocery store hugs

(21m 2 weeks)
Noah has been so sweet lately, I can hardly contain myself. we were in the grocery store last week and he kept reaching up to hug me and kept doing it over and over again! so in the middle of the aisle, I would stop and get this great big hug! I felt bad holding up traffic, but I was not about to pass on these hugs! and then recently at the library, when I was waiting for the lady to check out the books, I bent down to chat with noah in his stroller. he kept hugging me and was just being so cute! it totally makes up for the "bad" days.

He is starting to make connections between objects.. like for example, he will point to his shirt and say a word that sounds kind of like shirt and then point to my shirt and say the same thing. and today he did the same with teeth, he'll point to his teeth, say teeth, then point to mine. It's like he realizes now that he is not the center of the universe, and I don't mean that to sound mean, but it's reality, all babies think like that. he is discovering that other people and things exist outside of himself. He has been talking a lot more, too. Joe and I made up a list of words that noah knows, there are so many!

He is still fascinated by "choo choo" and we are taking him to see Thomas down in essex steam train next month. I can't wait! He is being Thomas for halloween, too.

Noah will meet his new baby cousin, Leo, this weekend. He keeps saying "baby!"

I brought noah in for a check up due to his lack of weight gain. In three months, he has only gained 10 oz. He grew about a 1/2 of an inch, so that might account for something. He certainly loves nana's cooking though, which makes me so happy to see him eating! nana made noah choc chip cookies yesterday, he was sooo excited boucing off the walls, litterly, from the sugar high. so I was in the kitchen talking to her and I see him go into the dining room and he was sneaking another cookie! I wish I had a camera, it was priceless!!! so I "caught" him and asked him if he asked nana if he could have it. he ran over to me, held it up to me with pleading eyes and did not eat it. then I said yes, and he proceeded to tease me with it, offering me a bite but pulling it away really quickly as I opened my mouth! he is too funny!

well, noah's latest thing is undressing himself. I got home from kick boxing just as joe put him to bed last night so I ran upstairs to kiss him good night. joe was out of noah's room for maybe 2 minutes. I walked in, noah goes, "oh noooo...." in that sing-song voice... he has already taken off his shirt! I bet he thinks I came in his room b/c of that, mommy is psychic!! lol... I got lots of hugs and snuggles and I rocked him for a while, loving these days!!

No comments: