Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 2009


We had a fun month... mothers day and my 34th bday.. all the better with Noah and daddy to celebrate with.
I worked the night before my bday. I called home to say good night and Noah gleefully exclaimed, "Look mom, see see??!!! Look at the balloons and decorations, see? see your cards and presents?" Lol.. so I knew I had something fun to look forward to when coming home. He also told me that he was making me a necklace at Nana's house. :-)
When I got home, they sprayed me with confetti and sang happy birthday.. noah on his guitar. Balloons and streamers were decorating the living room. I took them down a few days later to noah's dismay. He sadly asked, "the party is over?"
Later that weekend we went to nana and popa's for lunch where noah loved opening my gifts, same as my bday morning. and then later in the week we went to dinner with just lori and the kids. It was a fun time celebrating my bday.


We went to a memorial day parade and met up with friends chrissy and andy and their kids. Noah, lexi and aidan had front row seats and got to watch debbie and her boys marching in the t-ball part of the parade. we also saw cousin cheyenne in the parade and cousin chris sat with us. sadly that morning there was a horrible fire at a business down the street from us, so as the firemen all dressed in their parade-best, had to bravely fight a fire. As we came home and it was safe, noah and I walked over to the firemen so Noah could talk to them and thank them for being so brave. it was really a great moment to see noah realizing how awesome these firemen are.

Noah has been really into setting up his own drum sets lately...
















Noah's prayers lately have been direct and to the point..."dear Jesus, help us and know us. jesus name we pray, amen." BUT....as he has the "christian slang" down, it all runs together as one word: "jesusprayamen."

Each morning when Noah wakes up, I ask him what he dreamed about. He will look down each time at his pajamas, and tell me he dreamed about what ever is on his shirt..
puppies, monster trucks, wall-E, Cars, it is so funny!

We are getting the pool ready for the summer and noah is still asking for his baby-suit. Better than last year, which was his "baby-soup."
A few funny things he says, "I am hungry for fruits!" and when counting, he does really well, but for 11 he says "E-lemon". and momma works at a "hospible".. he is so funny!

I am always asking Noah if he is my cutie-patootie?? and he says, "No, I AM NOT!"
Then I ask, are you handsome? and he says, "Yes, I AM handsome."

Another fun memory from this month, Noah is noticing how cute things are... a toy, a stuffed animal, a baby duck at the park, a puppy at the pet store. Noah says, "awwww, he is sooo cute!!! I love him!! I want to take him home."

A new thing now is that noah is starting to sleep with us. He never has slept with us-- always too twitchy and moving all around. So at night we started leaving his door open, and he always has known that was a signal that he may get out of bed in the morning. So now we find him in our bed in the middle of the night.. not sure why this has started. But I don't mind..:-) I love cuddle time!

Last night I got my haircut and my stylist straightened it. I came home and Noah stopped me and let me know how he felt. It is apparent 3 year old's do not like change.. they need consistency and continuity. "Mom. I don't like your hair, fix it. It's all different. it's all little (straight). Make it big (curly). I don't like it. fix it."
Great... I love a 3 year olds honesty. So when in one of his thomas the train books there is a large beach scene. Daddy is the guy laying on his face snoozing in the sand, and mommy is the hot blonde-babe sunning herself in a bikini (never!!) Like I said, I love Noah's honesty!!!

It has been a fun month. All of our church activities have ended and it has allowed us to sleep in, chill out in the morning and spend more time playing and reading.. doing art projects and playing outside. Noah helped me plant the vegetable garden, plant all of the pretty flowers in the front and the backyard and help me with yard work. He really is an awesome helper!!

He has so much fun playing out in the yard. He has a new playhouse, small play scape, slide and sandbox. It has been warm enough to play in the water table and to wash his cozy-coupe car. The gazebo tent is up so I can stay out of the sun and catch up on my reading and bible study. It is a fun age to play outside with Noah, he listens so well and has great imagination and creativity. While planting the garden, I had to "buy" rocks from him to put in my garden. The rock shop was set up in his playhouse and I had to pay him in grass and leaves. as a bonus, it was also a chocolate shop... so each customer got a parting gift of chocolate! That is one awesome rock shop!!!

Yesterday I went to my dr for a quick visit. Noah came with me and with a bag of all his "doctor stuff". While the tech was doing my vitals, Noah helped by listening to my heart and giving me a shot-- in my sternum. As I was sitting up on the table in the exam room, noah pulled a chair over, climbed up and began looking in my ears and eyes with his "dr stuff". The dr got a huge kick out of it!

Noah is so sweet, fun, imaginative, creative, intelligent, handsome and sweet. I tell him each night that I love being his momma, and that before I had him, I prayed and prayed for him and God blessed me by putting him in my belly. I want him to know how much he was wanted and how much he is loved. He truly is a gift and a blessing.
Noah is praying with me for God to bless us with another baby. It has been 10 months of trying, I will wait as long as it takes to be blessed with another baby like Noah. God knows the plans he has for us, I will wait for him. He is my Lord and savior, Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. His ways are not my ways and his thoughts not my thoughts. I will wait on the Lord.

No comments: