Friday, December 11, 2009

some more cute things

seems like the older noah gets, the funnier the things he says...

so when he gets mad at me now..he walks away pouting and says, "I am not staying home ANYMORE!".
All I can do not to laugh.

Yesterday we were playing outside in the snow and noah kept asking me to pick him up to reach the tree. I told him that I am not strong enough anymore (= too tired in the pregnancy or he is too big now) and he replies, "sure you are. God made you strong!"

He likes to act like a grown up and take care of me. When I go to bed after work on saturdays, noah likes to tuck me in, turn on (his) my night light and tell me to turn off the room light. I asked him to sing rock a bye for me though, and he said no, not yet. he is not a grown up yet.

I don't know what his obsession with being an adult is, a big man. I brought him to a work baby shower last week and he had a long conversation with another coworker about him growing up and how long it takes to be big.

He told me yesterday that he no longer wants to be a police officer like auntie becky (no longer uncle becky) and tell all the bad guys to stop being naughty, but he wants to be a fireman like uncle dan. but not on a yellow fire truck, a red one.

He bought a 2nd toy with his money.. Diesel the grumpy train. hey, makes his day!

Back on memorial day, there was a fire at a local business down the road from us. Even now, in December it sits vacant with a large burned hole in the roof with a make-shift tarp falling inside, filled with snow, ice and rain. Noah remarks every day that the roof was burned and the firemen came to put out the fire, but lately he keeps asking me why it is not fixed. I told him that the owners probably do not have money to fix it. He said that he will put his money in a pail and give it to the fixers.
God, how did I get such a wonderful and sweet child? Lord, I pray that he may always be this sweet, generous and humble.

1 comment:

KateO said...

Gosh, I just wannna squeeze him! So precious!
kate