We went to Boston for Noah's 4th birthday. It fell on a saturday and Friday was new years day. Since joe and I both had the holiday off, we went to boston for the weekend.
I worked thur night into fri and came home to sleep a bit. We left around noon and arrived at our hotel at 3pm. It was a really nice big fancy one that we all enjoyed.
We walked to dinner.. in the freezing cold.. not knowing that we could have acutally taken the car out of the hotel parking garage without receiving another bill.
and then we went to Boston children's museum. It is only a $1 per person on friday nights. we all had a really good time!
when we got home, the hotel staff brought up noah a icecream sundae with a candle and a bday card! It was very thoughtful of them.
the next morning we went swimming and then checked out. we drove to the boston aquarium which was not too far away. Noah had fun, especially watching the penguins and sharks.
then we went to Legal seafoods next door, where noah slept on our jackets in the booth. I guess he was tired!
He was getting kind of cranky.. too cranky for his own good. we had invited joe's parents over that night to have cake with us, but by the time we got to big Y to get the cake, noah had a complete fit and melt down. so we left..
it got even worse. so joe punished him, I cancelled the cake and party. joe's parents did not come over or bring paris back, which REALLY upset noah.
Noah saw that I was crying and really freaked out. I think it dawned on him just how upset and dissapointed I was.
After that he settled down and began to act right. I allowed him to open some presents. His nana and grandpa came over the next day for cake and brought paris back.. they were watching him for us while we were away.
It was a good bday, but a sad one too. The fact that he received his first spanking-- on his 4th bday-- says a lot. Let's pray his behavior changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment