(15m 25d)
Birth to three came out today and noah does qualify for services according to the evaluation. They were super nice, the speech/language pathologist and PT. The good news is that they said he scored above average for cognitive, social and language abilities!!! I was so happy for him! But he scored below for gross motor. they said his fine motor is perfect, but b/c they some what group it with gross, he also scored low on fine. but let me repeat, I am glad they said he was totally fine with his fine motor skills, which I agree with. As far as the gross motor, they said he has low muscle tone, which is called hypotonia. it is not severe, but the W sitting gave it away ( I have to correct his sitting position). they said using a walker (which we bought him for xmas but does not use much) encourages the toe walking, so they discouraged use of that. the johnny jumper increased tight heel cords (achiles tendon) b/c they jump on their toes, not allowing their foot to go flat and stretching the cords. but since he was late to sit up on his own, late to crawl and now not walking unassited yet, they said it is low tone. he is not and never was floppy and the pedi did not ever notice it, so it is by no means severe. he does not drool and always sucked well (besides at birth when he was premature and jandiced and sleepy). so I did some research on line, and most of what they talk about is more than what noah has. Joe was the same way, so I am thinking he was an undiagnosed low tone baby. I am happy they found something (not that I ever want anything wrong with him) and now we can move forward with PT. She will call me on vacation so we can plan for a time when we get back. they said they are happy that we are doing this early, but I wish I pushed more when he was late to sit up and late to crawl. first time mommy, now I know better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment