Saturday, March 29, 2008

rock-a-bye-baby...

(almost 27 months)

I am totally not pushing noah on the potty. he says, "I gotta go pee pee" and will sit on his potty fully dressed. just copying me. he tells us about 50% of the time when he has poops, after the fact. so he is starting to show signs of readiness... this summer will be the time, when he is only wearing shorts and a top, not 13 layers...

Noah is growing like a weed. He still is in 18 month pants, but they are quickly becoming high-waters. He is just a little too short for 24 month pants but can wear them now, where as a month ago, or just a few weeks, a couple pairs were just way too long.

He is recovering from a stomach bug, which unfortunately triggered his reflux again. He was only vomiting in his crib at night, which was an awful sight and smell in the morning.

He had a so-so Easter and good Friday, as he was sick, but still enjoyed family time. He loves to say beCKy, emphasis on the hard k sound, and Dan, and still says emmma and baby weeoo. He just started saying "poppa" for grandpa. and nana has always been nana. my mom came to visit a week before easter and noah knew right away she was nana and said hi nana and when she was leaving, bye to nana. Even though he does not see her too often, he still knows who she is.

He loves taking his vitamin each day, or "one blue one--sin" as he calls it. It started as giving him "one blue one", and telling him it was medicine, which is why he could only have one blue one. Just recently he began calling it "medicine" finally, instead of "sin".

At night for the longest time now, as long as I can remember, I have been singing "rock a bye baby" to noah, and before naps, too. Well, he has finally learned the lyrics and will sing along with me and at the end of each line, will open his mouth up really wide and sing loudly and shake his head like he is some great opera singer.. It really is so funny to watch.

He loves music, singing, and playing any instruments and "rock band" which Joe and I made up to play along with him. I really think he will make a hobby or career out of music.

I just have to keep saying how fun noah is. The things he comes up with, the faces he makes, the words he says, never cease to amaze me. He was drinking his milk and told me it was his coffee.. I did not even know he knew what coffee was, or that I drank it. But it goes to show how much he does listen and pay attention.

He was acting silly at dinner and making Joe and I laugh, unintentionally and I said to joe, this is why I stay home with him, instead of working full time. Just sheer joy he brings me. I know he will never remember any of this, but I will.

He is starting to tell us when he has poops.. or "pups" or "popes"... so we slowly are on our way, non-rushed to potty training.

He still loves to play in his bed, but loves to sleep in his crib. He'll be ready to transition when he is ready. simple as that.

Over the last week or so, we have noticed words that noah has been saying for a while, although previously pronounced incorrectly, he is starting to say them right. For example, he is now saying "pappa" for grandpa, instead of "boppa". He says frog, instead of "fop". Alright, instead of "awfight", TV instead of "weewee", mommy and mom, in addition to "mamma", daddy and dad, in addition to "dada". sesame street, which used to be "sesame" and prior to that, just "sessa". "hanging" is still vacuum though. and the latest which took us a week to figure out, "dadoff"... is pizza!!!

He now starts sentences with "why, what and where" when asking an appropriate question. "why is it off?" for example, when turing off the tv or light.

I love hearing him say "thanks" now, when you give him an apple, or a dropped block, or a napkin (which he asks for to wipe his hand or mouth).

He is using pronouns now, all the time. mine, I, you, it's, for example. and he can say his name! Not sure if I wrote about it, but he finally started referring to himself as noah, not baby or ray. where did he get ray from?

and the best is the singing. He now sings "jesus loves me". The part he does best is at the end, "yes jesus loves me, yes, jesus loves me, yes jesus loves me, for the bible tells me so....." and he'll just sing it right along!

I guess the point of all this is to just share and note how much he is changing and growing up. and I don't want to miss any of it.

No comments: