(30m 2w)
We went on vacation for a week to Rhode Island. We rented a nice cottage on the beach. we had an incredible time; it is amazing that it is less than two hrs away and we have never been! so many things to do.. and the view was gorgeous. the waves were so big! we got to watch so many surfers each morning. noah fell in love with carosels! he got to ride on 3 different ones!! he still askes "go on the carosel". he also loves going to the car wash, and says the robot arms wash the car.
he got to go to roger williams zoo, a petting zoo and ride a pony. we went to the beach and built sand castles and ate ice cream. he also slept in a full size bed all week and did great! 12 hrs each night.. most days no naps though.
noah had diarrhea all week.. it was awful. I think the most he ate all week was tooth paste and bath water. he even refused ice cream at one point!
noah is still continue to amaze me with how much he knows and talks. he is so funny, too. he got out of the tub last night and passed gas. he told joe it was "noisy poops"... I almost fell up the stairs laughing when joe told me. he is so funny with the things he comes up with!
noah has had diarrhea for 11 days now. It started on vacation but got worse. His bottom got a really bad diaper rash that got infected from the sand/salt water and humidity, plus sitting longer in a diaper from all the car travel. today his bottom is still open sores, but instead of a bunch of them, they have all now connected into two long lines down each cheek of open rawness. He cries each time we have to change him and it really breaks my heart. noah says "momma cries".. I try so hard to remain positive when opening his diaper. I tell him it looks better! I don't think it is rotavirus. it is wicked slimy/mucousy and now smells like bad fish. it was getting better, more mushy, but now it is liquid slime. he was hiding this morning by the side of the couch, lying on his belly. I asked if he was ok and he said no, "poops comes. it hurts. I want to see dr beal. the lady helps". talk about wanting to cry hearing your kid say that. dr beal was the pedi who saw him on call sunday morning. I almost want to call and tell her he said that, in a good way. we sent stool samples to the hospital today after I called the pedi to let him know he is still sick. he has no appetite and has refused to eat breakfast or lunch. I finally got him to eat applesauce, 3 bowls! with added cinnamon. he is drinking well, so that should keep him out of the hospital, but I wonder how his labs are. the dr said he will wait for the stool results and then might do blood work based on that. I feel so bad for him. I hate seeing him crying in pain.
on the good side, he is doing very well potty training. he did two poops during the week in the potty for joe all on his own. we are leaving the potty in the living room for him on a towel. I had his diaperless to let some air get to his bottom. he is really good at peeing for us, too. He did great on vacation going on the actual toilet with the sesame insert on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment