My day while noah has a cold.
It was pretty bad so I had to give in and give him some medicine. but afterwards, he was so WIRED on the medicine! he was going nuts all over the house, things he never does. he unrolled all of the TP, I know, a lot of kids do it, but noah never has. he unrolled it all the way out into his bedroom! in the bathroom was more all thrown into the toilet and then an even bigger pile on the floor!
then he pulled out every single tissue in the new box and layed in it and rolled all around, naked (as he is potty training so he has been half naked all summer). I guess it felt soft.
then I hear this slurping sound. Noah is on the ground on all fours drinking out of paris' water bowl!!!
then he got into my cabinets and pulled out all the pots and pans and dropped my pyrex dishes!! thank goodness nothing broke. this was done in a matter of minutes, when I was doing the dishes, then doing laundry. things I could always do with him "alone" upstairs.
then he let out a big yawn and said, "I am so tired right now. I need a nap."
where did this kid come from??
My day, while potty training a 2 1/2 year old.
All before lunch Noah kept saying he wanted a diaper on.. diaper on, diaper on... like a broken record. so I had to stop lunch preparation and tell him he does not need a diaper, just go on the potty. (we have been watching the "once upon a potty video" too. by the way, it is cute, but it says, "IT'S NOT A HAT, NOT FOR THE CAT, NOT A BIRD BATH..." in the song. so now noah puts his potty on his head.. and says "it's a hat".. like come on noah, we did the potty is a hat 6 months ago. then he tells me he is going to go poopy on the floor. (he has had 2 accidents with solid poops on the floor and we try not to make a big deal out of it. well, it has been such not big deal it seems that he likes the idea now. ) and on saturday, joe took a shower and forgot to put a diaper on him. noah ran into the bathroom and told joe he pooped. sure enough there was a big ol' turd on noah's bedroom floor. so today noah kept saying he was going to go poppy on the floor. I said, "no, dogs do that and you are not a dog. dogs don't know how to use the potty and that is why they go on the ground outside. you DO know how to use the potty, you are a big boy, you can use the potty. " so what does he start doing? barking. yes, barking. so as lunch sat out now for 30 min, we go upstairs and try the toilet instead of the potty. he uses the step stool to climb up and sits and sits. I read him books and I swear his butt is going to rip open with how wide he is straddling the toilet. he wants down. so now we sit on the bathroom floor, reading books. as the lunch is still sitting out. he runs to his room to get himself a diaper. I have to discourage him. I think he was actually going to diaper himself! we go downstairs to the potty and he starts screaming he wants a diaper on! so I finally give in and he gets the diaper on, stands up and pushes so hard and informs me "it is a big poopy, a BIG poopy." so we walk upstairs and change him 5 seconds later. lunch is now out for a hour. I lay on the floor, feeling so exhausted and defeated. 10 more min pass and I look over at him and say, "noah, do you even care that I am lying on the floor" "no, I am reading", he says. so we go and eat lunch. after he wakes up and so do I, (I had to sleep for work) and I am telling joe about my day( and he is careful not to critisize me.) noah runs in to inform us that he just did poops. we just look at each other, expecting to find another turd on the carpet, bark bark.. but he did infact push out a little tiny poop. but he was so excited and he got 2 chocolate m&ms... something else I swore I would never do, reward him with food. but it works I guess.
noah was teasing me that he was going to poop on the rug and I just sat and smiled. and he said "Nooooo, not on the floor.. that is for the dog." then I had to say, "no , dogs don't go on the floor. they go outside. if they go on the floor, they get in trouble." it is so funny now taking him into public restrooms. thankfully I was alone with him yesterday grocery shopping. I had to pee so I brought him in with me. he asks, "momma have to poopy? BIG poopy?" "No noah, just pee pee." "yes, mommy pee pee". when he passes gas he says, "huh?! what was that noise? noisy poops?"
he is so funny and honest at this stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment