Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jan 09

I just love watching noah grow, learn, change and discover new things.
Each night after Joe gets home from work and after we eat dinner, the boys like to play hide and seek. Noah of course cheats and peeks through his fingers while joe tries to find a place to hide. and when it is noah's turn to hide, well, he always gives himself away. 3 different levels in the house make it lots of fun for them to play. sometimes I get coaxed into playing which is always an adventure.
Another game they play is piggy back rides.. poor Joe. Noah is so demanding, but it is comical! he makes joe get on all 4's and noah climbes up. But one time he struggled and struggled to climb up on his back. so he used joe's belt to step off of and climb up! not so good on the days he is wearing sweat pants! another time he could not get up so after struggling for a few seconds he figured out if he pulled over his ride-on tractor he could climb up on that and then on to daddy. It is really fun to step back and watch him problem-solve.
He loves playing his new V-tech tv/computer games which I hope is not grooming him for higher-tech video games in the future, which I am sure it is.




We took him to see Bob the Builder for his 3rd birthday. It was painfully boring to say the least, but Noah seemed to enjoy himself.














Noah had his 3 year physical at the beginning of the month. He was almost 30 lbs and 36 inches. He has doubled his birth length! and he can now go on more rides at Six Flags!

Noah is so caring and sweet. A few weeks ago while I am downstairs, I hear this:
"MOMMA, COME QUICK! MOMMA COME! MOMMA COME!!!! COME QUICK!" I ran up the stairs to see what possibly could be wrong.. and Noah says, "I made you a picnic!" He took out all of his play kitchen food and accessories and made me a picnic of icecream and cupcakes in the upstairs hallway. Isn't that the sweetest thing? He really has a kind heart.


When ever one of his trains "falls" or his multitude of stuffed animals falls off the couch or bed, Noah is quick to come to their rescue. "Are you ok Dennis/puppy/percy/thomas? Are you ok? You fell down! Don't worry, I got you, I got you." and he says it with the most sensitive and caring voice. I am glad he has a soft heart.


Noah is having so much fun in CBS (community bible study). He learns so much! Lately his has been singing "The rains came down and the floods went up" complete with hand gestures.
He also sings a song called Pitter Patter.. again with hand gestures, snapping and clapping and spinning.
After cbs one day on the drive home, I heard him talking about what he learned in class,("The Lord is God") talking about his friends and his teachers. He does so well saying his prayers, which for the month of dec and Jan he memorized the Lord's Prayer. He says it so fast!! (and complete with hand gestures of course). His memorization skills are amazing!

Noah loves doing puzzles and is very good at them. He picked up how to do them rather quickly! In this picture he put a brand new puzzle together in a few minutes.



There is so much he says and does each day, I want to keep a photographic memory to be able to remember it all. He is so innocent and funny, I wish there was a way to capture his sweet naivity. He looked down one day while getting dressed and he asked what those were on his chest? I answered that they were nipples. Everyone has nipples. He saw the color was a little darker, so of course he said they were dirty and needed to be cleaned. Then he tried to pick them off and said they were boo boos.. and then we put his shirt on and he said bye bye nipples.. go to sleep.
reading it, it does not sound so funny, but to hear a sweet 3 year old little voice asking these questions and putting 2 & 2 together had Joe and I in complete stitches!

I could go on and on with what he does each day. I want to express how much fun he is and how much we absolutely enjoy him and cherish him. I want most of all for him to be happy and grow up to be a man of faith with a deep love of Jesus. That is my hearts' desire and prayer.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

The nipples comment sounds very funny when being read!! Yay for learning the Lord's Prayer-that's awesome. Marissa plays hide-n-seek with Daddy but when he says where's Marissa she jumps out and says 'here I am dad'. He has to pretend he doesnt see her.