Sunday, January 18, 2009

The things kids say....

The other day, I was getting out of the shower, Noah saw my breasts and asked, "what are those".. pointing his little finger at them.
I said, "They are mommies boobies."
"why?"
"God gave mommies boobies to feed babies."
ok he says and runs off to play.

fast forward to the next day. It is my 2nd day in a row to work. Joe picks him up from his parents house and noah runs upstairs to see me. He stops short when he realizes I am dressed in my scrubs again.
So disappointed, he asks, "momma, you work again?"
I tell him yes and he got all upset (not crying) and told me that he would work instead! --very sweet!

So a little while later, while we are sitting at the dinner table eating, noah again brings up that I have to go to work.
I told him "yes, momma has to go help take care of babies at work."
and to which he replies, "With your boobies?"



Um... no. I told him I am going to give sick babies medicine. And then he said very sweetly, "no me! let me! I want to do it!"
I got so teary-eyed! not sure which was more endearing.. the fact he wanted to help take care of sick babies, wanted to work for me or that I had to help these sick babies with my boobies! lol
gosh, kids are just so precious!!!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Kids say the funniest things :) Thank you for the laughs!

KateO said...

That is hilarious! Yes, you have super boobs! LOL! OMG that is too funny. You're so good at explaining things, I just would have told him, Nevermind!