Friday, April 3, 2009

A hard lesson learned

Last night mommy was a bit cranky.. for no certain reason. Noah picked up on this and told me, "That is not very nice." As bath and bedtime continued, I grew more inpatient, again, for no good reason. Noah was just acting like a normal 3 year old, actually, not really doing anything wrong. As I was still "not being very nice" Noah said something to me:
"Mom, you are not obeying your dad. You need Jesus to clean your heart."

I just stopped in my tracks, convicted over my attitude. How can a 3 year old be so smart? I know God speaks to us through our children. How humbled I became!
So we stopped what we were doing and walked into noah's room to pray. With Noah sitting in my lap, I confessed my sins of being grouchy and ugly, asked noah's forgiveness and for God's forgiveness. We prayed together and ended with Noah giving me a big hug. Noah was right, I was not obeying my dad-- God the Father. We are teaching Noah he is to obey his parents, as it is written in the Bible. We as parents are to obey God as well. Well, Noah called me on it-- I was not obeying God my father. I was being rude and the Bible says in 1 Corinthians that love is not rude. I was being inpatient and he also teaches that love is patient, kind and gentle.

In this Easter season, I am so thankful for Jesus dying on the cross to bear all of my sins. I know I am forgiven and that is the greatest gift of all.

Along these lines, I received the first phone call home from noah's teacher yesterday. It was from his community bible study (CBS) teacher Mrs. Zirolli. She wanted to let me know that during bible lesson time yesterday one of the teachers was talking about Jesus and how he died and rose again. Mrs. Zirolli noticed Noah was talking so she asked him to please listen to the other teacher. Then she stopped and listened to him and realized Noah was reciting the rest of the bible verse John 3:16 that the teacher was begining to say. She said they all listened to him recite the scripture and were so touched to hear his little sweet voice speak those words.
It was such a wonderful phone call to receive. It warmed my heart to know that she would take the time to call me and how much she loved hearing noah. I am so thankful for his teachers at CBS for loving Noah and for encouraging me to continue teaching Noah to memorize scripture.

1 comment:

KateO said...

Wow, that is great. I know God talks to mommy's thru three year olds all the time. Q does it too, and yes, its sooo humbling. Praying for you, I know how it feels...
Kate