crazy New England weather.
I have been trying to write down on scrap pieces of paper all the things I wanted to include in Noah's blog so it will read kind of like a bulletin.
He started all his church activities like last year. On mondays he has Mops, and with the same teachers as last year, miss anne and miss sue, so he is thrilled.
tuesdays he is at nana and poppa's (john is not working and so Noah loves that he is home with them). Every other wed he has mom's bible study and then every thursday CBS. He has Mrs. Zirolli again, and is so excited! He kept asking me to go to church when I told him she was his teacher again. I felt bad he had to wait a few days.
and on Fridays we get to relax.
sat, joe and Noah do something fun together as I sleep from work and on Sun noah is in sunday school from 9am-1145. This is why he is not in preschool yet.
Noah has started watching dora and diego. they speak spanish and english on their cartoons and noah likes to say his colors in spanish like dora. at times, he forgets the word and makes his own word up. He forgot yellow and said it was "beeno" and then asked what brown was. I told him I did not know and he said maybe it was "aneemo". He is too funny! He also is learning to count to 5 in spanish.
we went out to dinner last week and noah and I shared dessert. He ate a lot, so I jokingly asked to have my dessert back. He said matter of factly, that he can't, because it went down to his belly, and then down by his pees. smart kid!
he is staying dry at nap now and gets a jelly bean when he wakes up. he is doing so well! he gets up at night to go poos as well. last night i forgot to put the nightlight on in the bathroom and he went in the dark! luckily he called me when he was done.
he went to the dentist yesterday and had the best checkup. he saw the hygienist and she kept asking if he was always this good? he behaved so well, I was so impressed!
a few weeks ago, I went to put noah to nap and he said he could do it himself. he walked me out of his room and shut his door, and got himself in bed, covered up and went to sleep! he is so funny! but at night he still asks me to sing him rock a bye :-).
he has a cup by the water cooler and now gets himself his own drinks. I love his independence. for a while now, he asks to be excused when done eating, will put his dish in the sink, milk in the fridge and push his chair in. I love what a big boy he is becoming. he is so polite, always says please, thank you and excuse me. we also got rid of his sippy cups. for a while he has been using a cup with a cover and straw. I made it official yesterday and put them all away. yay!
he now pees standing up, which helps greatly in public restrooms. sometimes his aim is off, especially if he has to go really bad, but it is easy to clean up.
he loves to rub my belly and say hi to the baby. he asked for a key to unlock my belly the other day to get the baby out. he has a baby boy doll that he sometimes will feed and hold. he'll get some practice.
we went to six flags with the legers a few weekends ago. noah and emma had a great time on the rides together. it was a hot end of summer day, lots of fun! daddy won noah a basketball.
today we are going to the Big E. Noah is so excited about the animals, rides, food, games and carnival..
Noah really plays independently so well. during a mops meeting, the lead teacher used noah as an example of how the really good kids like noah sometimes get neglected by the teachers b/c they behave so well and they have to focus on the "prickly" kids... I would rather have a well-behaved child.
when he misbehaves though, with his toys such as not picking them up or misusing them, we now put them in a Saturday box, which a pastor at church told us about. instead of getting in trouble or time out, we just put his toys that were misused in a box until the following saturday. this really has helped!!!
when noah sleeps now, when he wakes up he tells us about his stories, which are dreams. one time he woke up crying b/c he could not find me in his story. I felt so bad! and another time he was crying b/c joe took something away from him in his story. I love when he tells me that I was in his story and what fun things we did.
they are usually about boy things.. trucks, trains, motorcycles, robots...
and when he plays now, he makes pretend voices for his little people, or toys. and exploding noises and he rescues them. I absolutely love to stop what I am doing and just sit and observe him. He really is such a great kid!
He also loves to cook, often dragging a chair over to the counter and getting the cook book:
1 comment:
I love that Noah wanted to unlock your belly-too sweet :)
Post a Comment