Sunday, February 17, 2008

Life with a two year old...

25 months, 2 weeks
I just can't get over how funny Noah is. At lunch today, he intentionally kept hitting his hand on the tray or his cup, and then look at me very seriously and sadly and say, "boo-boo, boo-boo" and then lean his hand toward my mouth to kiss it. He did this repeatedly and each time, he was as serious as the last, no matter how much I laughed. Then he says, "Hey, mom!!" like, don't ruin my fun here, and joined in the laughter.

I came home from work one morning and see a cooking pot in the living room, with lid, and a couch pillow on the dining room floor, with a hat. What is the answer to this riddle? Life with a two year old. Life is never ever dull, nor boring. It is never ceasing amazement.

I love how fascinated Noah is with mail trucks, cars, and large trucks, air planes and helicopters especially. He is 100% boy. How does he know to knock his home depot tractor over to fix the wheels with his bob the builder tools? It has to be ingrained in him.

Looking at Noah, I see what it means to have pure innocence. He is never mean nor malicious. He would never want to hurt anyone or anything. LIFE-- has not gotten to him yet. He does not know cruelty or deceitfulness. He is 100% honest and will let you know if he disagrees with you at any given time. When does life start to wear these beautiful qualities away in a person? As he was settling down for his afternoon nap today, I could hear him giggling on the baby monitor. I turned the picture on to see what he was doing.. He was tickling himself and cracking up. Laying on his belly, tickling his back and laughing whole-heartedly. What joy! If only life could really be that simple.

One characteristic of Noah is that he loves animals. He loves all of his stuffed animals, and sleeps with kitties, puppies, frogs, bear and stinky. He derives great joy from going to the pet store and watching fish swim, birds chirp (coo-coo as he calls it), cats lounge in their crates and mice run on their wheels.

He is amazing with his numbers, colors and letters. He correctly stated all the letters to the word "CASTLE" when he saw it displayed on TV. He can count to 10 and identify all his colors, yellow being the cutest to hear, as he wiggles his tongue out of his mouth across his lips when saying it.

He has a lot of fun playing with paris, and feeding him dinner and taking his dog bowl away when done. I hope he continues to be a good helper.

He started story time at the Plainville Library, to which he says is "eh tay tay.. books" and always has to say goodbye to the library when we leave. He does not like sitting in circle time and participating yet, but we have only gone twice. I am trying to get him prepared for preschool, while a little more than a year away, but getting him used to the idea of structured play.

His favorite people (besides mom and dadda) are nana and grandpa. He spent the night over there recently and Noah had a wonderful time. He also loves Emma and Leo and asks for them often.

When I look at Noah I see 100% pure joy and feel nothing but love. I am his number one fan. I will teach him that he will be always loved, no matter what. That Joe and I are his best friends and will support him no matter what his future endeavors are. I wonder if he will ever remember how much fun we have together. How he knows automatically when he sits, my lap will always be under him, he never has to look for me. That I read to him, sing songs, play games, prepare endless meals, offer drinks, keep his bottom dry, tuck him in, and most importantly, say prayers. I know he won't remember these days, but I hope it shapes him to be the wonderful young man that he will grow to become one day.

No comments: