28 months, 2 weeks
you know how kids mimic what they hear? I am always trying to encourage noah when he does well with lots of praise. so last night, we were playing ball with paris and noah kept yelling to paris, "good job paris!" when he retrieved the ball, lol. and this morning, I was washing the toilet and noah lifted the lid when I was done to exclaim, "whoa! good job momma!"
then this afternoon I was bringing the dogs outside. Noah yells from the livingroom, "momma, where are you?" so I yell from downstairs that I am bringing the dogs out potty, can you clean up your toys please? and he yells back, "ok ok, I'll clean up!" and he did!!!!
lol, I just love this age!!
A friend of mine at mops told me she is teaching her 2 1/2 year old to recite john 3:16. she teaches her two words a day. I figured we can do that, if noah can memorize and sing sesame street and rock a bye baby, he can memorize scripture. so far we have, "for God", (fo god?) "so loved" (so yoved?) "the world" (da wold?)... lol, this is a lot of fun.
And then today, fun news to report, noah did pee pee and poopy on the potty!!! We are so proud of him!!! Lately he has been standing up in the bath tub and holding onto the washcloth towel rack and peeing. so today when joe was changing his diaper, Noah stood up and looked like he was going to pee. so we brought him into the bathroom where he stood and straddled the potty and peed! then we put the potty seat insert on the toilet and he sat on that and pushed to poop and he made a little one! we were so proud of him!! I made a little thomas card that we punch holes in like a train ticket and when he completes all the way around, he'll get a new thomas train.
this past week, Noah has really shown an interest in reading. He has always liked to look at books and often we'll find him sitting and looking at the pictures, turning the pages. But he never really had the patience or interest to sit and listen to us read. So we improvised and just talked about the pictures or asked him what he saw. But now that he is in a big boy bed, I lay down with him at night and we read. He likes to hear each page read and listens and is even starting to recite some of the more familiar books that he knows. His favorite is "bunny book" which is really called something else, not sure what actually. it was bought for him at easter time, (accidentally, b/c he was cranky at walmart and I grabbed any book to keep him entertained while I shopped. when we got to the check out, he would not give it up!) so this is his favorite book. It is a story of a momma bunny who puts her babies to bed and one baby bunny wakes up and says that he can't sleep or something along those lines. I improvised a few months ago before noah took a real interest in listening to stories and now my version has stuck. so now noah will say when I read, "momma, I can't sleep", and he'll recite other lines from the book that I made up. the bunny has a blanket that I call his stinky, just like noah's. momma bunny sleeps alone in her bed and I said that daddy is a work, so when ever we get to that page, he'll say, "daddy works." I am glad he is starting to take more of an interest in reading, I always hoped he would like to listen to stories when he was in a big boy bed.
noah is continues to say his abc's and count. he can count to 20 with minimal assistance once in the teens and he can say his letters very fast! the lastest is now he is starting to know his shapes. he knows diamond, heart, star and "round like a circle", and the latest is a triangle. I learned he knew this because he picked up my makeup sponge when I was getting ready one day and told me it was a triangle! also at gymboree, he'll take large foam shapes and insert them way across the room into a wooden bridge that has large cut out shapes built in. I love how he encorporates learning into play.
No comments:
Post a Comment