(28 months 3 weeks)
noah and I were outside yesterday and he was running around naked eating watermellon. that was very cute. then I put a sun shirt on him and a hat and let him play in the water table and then the sprinkler, still naked on the bottom, with shoes on of course. I had the potty outside.. see my idea? he always pees when in the tub, so I figured the kiddie pool, the sprinkler, and the water table and watermellon would encourage him to go. a couple times he straddled the potty or sat on it, but never went. not sure if he peed any other times. Then, noah did peepee on the potty twice last night without tons of encouragement, just asking once if he had to go! we tried this morning but he said "it's broke"... meaning no pee can come out. then he watched elmo's potty dvd twice and peed on the living room floor. so the diapers went back on, lol. he did not want his diaper on this morning so I put on those super absorbant undies and he peed thru it. I have not bought any pull ups yet. we are slowly moving to potty training!!
Today is my 33rd birthday.
I remember 3 years ago today I found out that I was pregnant with Noah!! Being Noah's mom is the best gift I could ever ask for (besides salvation). I love being his mom and try to remember to tell him each night when I tuck him in. I want him to know that. tonight when I had birthday cake, noah saw it and immediately opened his mouth like a little bird! no words or whining, just wide eyes and a big open mouth! so he shared my piece (it was a small piece of specialty dessert that joe got just for me). when we were done and he was licking the fork clean, he exclaimed, "more party!" I love that he thinks we had a party, just the three of us, because joe sang happy birthday and we shared a small piece of special cake. so sweet, dear noah, always stay so sweet. he knows it is my birthday too, because when debbie called and sang to me, noah listened on the phone with me and when she sang "Dear delanie" noah said "yep, momma".
we stayed in our pj's until noon playing and snuggling and then had a picnic lunch in the back yard on his little pinic table. then we went for a walk looking for kitties and bunnies.."cat, are you home? bunny, where are you?"
I had a wonderful day home with noah all day. it was so special just the two of us. I really am so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment