27 months, 3 weeks
I am trying to transition noah to his toddler bed. Yesterday he kept getting out and playing around in his room on and off for 20 min. It was a good first try and I put him back in his crib. Not as a punishment, but as a first trial. Today I put noah in his toddler bed again to trial for nap. I have to keep going up reminding him to stay in, and he is listening better today. just horsing around mostly in bed, playing and talking. it is a slow transition, I guess. I will just be patient and keep going up to ask him to get back into bed and not expect it to happen over night. I will have to realize that his naps will be shorter, than in the crib. but I also have to realize that he is growing up. The next child, I will not put the toddler in their room until it is time to transition. I think what made it hard on noah is that I use the bed for noah to play and read on, so how can I expect him to sleep in it, if after all these months I have been letting him play on it? silly mommy! Also, I want him to be able to sleep in the twin bed this summer in the cottage in Rhode Island that we are renting without having to bring the pack n' play.
Forgot to mention about 2 weeks ago, he had his first peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. He did well, no allergies, thank goodness.
He is getting over another stomach bug that he and joe both got. It was really awful, non stop vomiting for the both of them. Luckily Noah bounces back quicky. Joe on the other hand landed in the ER. I think Joe had it worse than noah.
Noah is talking so much, learning new words every day. He asks me to open the shades in the morning, "OPE shaybee" Not open shade. "close the door" at night sounds like "call joe". lol sesame street is finally "sesame steet" not "sessa".. I love hearing him talk!
He loves his friends in play group. He loves saying hello to "emm mama" (emma), "zame" (zane) and he says sarah and andrew correct and notices when one of them is missing. yesterday he said "andrew coming." so he knew he was missing.
we are playing outside a lot more, now that spring his here. the bad thing about winter is that noah got hooked on tv more than I had anticipated. He is obsessed with sesame. ("play with me sesame", not sesame street, although he calls it that).
Noah always amazes me, each day, with how smart he is. Today at lunch, Noah was counting his little pieces of corn as he was moving them from the left side of the plate to the right. He was counting 1 to 10 and I laughed because he sped counting from 6 to 10, like an experienced counter does. Then he proceeded to count to 14. I just stopped and stared, my mouth gapping open. I had no idea he could count to 14!! I helped him count to 20 and he had no problems doing it. The funny thing was twenty was "tummy"! I love how smart he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment