Thursday, November 13, 2008

potty blessings















2 yrs, 10 months, 2 weeks

well, noah is potty trained. He has been going pee in the potty since this summer, but he had to be naked from the waste down. None of this pull-ups business, he would just pee in them. (and who wouldn't? how confusing for the kids, they are just glorified diapers!)
so noah has had a cold for the past 3 weeks but getting worse. So I cancelled plans for tuesday and wednesday to help him recoop. I also used these days to really buckle down on this potty training. During the summer, any time he had underware on, he'd pee in them. so we put them away for a few months. I took them out again Tuesday and told noah he is not to pee in them, but only pee in the potty. If he stayed dry and peed in the potty, he'd get an m&m. He did have one accident, but quickly learned that the underware would not hold the pee as he saw it splattering on the floor. The 2nd time he went to pee in them he quickly stopped himself and ran to the potty. It just took a few months of growth and maturation for him to develop this skill.
He stayed dry all day Wednesday and today, Thursday. I have been putting him on the potty every half hour whether he had to go or not. He even began telling me late last night and early this morning that he had to go pee, instead of me asking him. Tonight he began going pee on his own, without me knowing!

and the coolest thing, he went poop all by himself, too!!! I was on the phone with the bank and he told me he went poop! I had to rejoice and the banking lady joined in with me! (I am sure that recorded conversation will give someone a good chuckle).
We were so excited! We called daddy and left him a phone message and noah got two m&m's and he got to pick out a brand new train! He chose Toby, his favorite from the plainville public library train table. He kept checking out his poo, very proud of himself!

While I was finishing up paying the bills, I noticed that he went pee again, and did not tell me and did not ask for a m&m... he really has caught on quickly, all we had to do was wait for him to be ready! It just goes to show that you have to go at the child's pace vs pushing them.

edited to add 11/16. Noah stayed dry for his first outting! We went to a birthday party on Friday where there were tons of kids and new toys and even live entertainment! and noah went pee there a few times and stayed dry! He then stayed dry Saturday during gymnastics and then today at church he conquered his fear of going pee on the adult potty at church and went a few times for his teachers! He had one accident, but it is his first so far. And he went poops in the potty 3 times last night all by himself for Nana and Poppa! yay Noah!

No comments: