Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tinsel hair

2 more weeks until Noah turns 3!!

As I write this, Noah is in bed, supposed to be napping. But instead, he is giggling, because he is tickling his own feet!

One day a few weeks ago Noah and I were visiting the Farmington library. A lady commented on how beautiful Noah's hair is. And it really is. It is an amazing color: a rich golden-blonde but with flecks of gold running through each strand of hair that glistens in the sun. The woman said she has been trying for years to get the same color in a box but could never accomplish it. and she never will be able to, it is only something God could create.

As we are getting ready for Christmas next week, Noah is really starting to understand a little bit more this year. He does not really ask for gifts, and when we do shop, I tell him we are shopping for friends. When he sees his gifts at home by accident hidden in the spare room, I tell him they are for his cousin Emma or cousin Leo. He knows about baby Jesus and God's people and Mary and Joseph. I am really excited to see how he reacts next year and what he learns about the true reason for Christmas.

Joe and I got a baby sitter for tonight and are going to see the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker!!!

No comments: