He loves Towmater, Mack, Frank and still tipping the tractors. He will tip anything he can, including his tricycle, home depot tractor and Thomas Trains. He really loves that movie!
Here is a picture of Noah showing Frank that he needs Jesus in his heart. (Frank is an angry field harvester).
One thing that I love so much is my time at night when I tuck him in. He likes for me to make a "nest" for him with blankets tucked under his legs and around both of his arms. He always asks me to lay down with him. and then he scooches over and says sweetly, "I'll move".. and makes room for me. We talk about our day and what plans we have for the next. We pray and sing songs and recite his favorite bible verses. He has an amazing memory!
The newest thing is how much he says "I love you" to Joe and I. He'll say it when he is talking to himself in bed, "I love momma".. and now when we say good night, he waves to Joe at the door (after prayers he walks Joe to the door and watches him go down stairs). "Good night Daddy", (as he waves like a cute 3 year old all uncoordinated standing awkwardly with his belly sticking out still and a huge grin plastered on his face), "I love you."
and when I finally leave his room a short time later, he tells me "good night, I love you." He has said I love you for a while, but it was always repeating it. Now he initiates it and you can tell he means it when he says it.
This month we have taught him about what to do in an emergency and how to dial 911. I am hoping he never dials by accident, and also hoping he never has to use it.
We also have taught him about privacy in the bathroom (which he tells me he needs "piracy". We are starting to teach him about his body and the proper terminology, too. It is a big thing to accomplish at 3, that is why we are taking baby steps.
On potty patrol, he is doing well at church. He asks to go potty now without the teachers reminding him. We used to come down between service and community to take him but by then he has gone already. He no longer needs his elmo seat, too. Even at home he has turned away his elmo seat and step stool and can get on the toilet by himself, which he rejoices in saying he is a big boy! At nana and popa's house he is using the "regular" toilet too, which he calls it, vs using a potty seat on the toilet. He is doing very well and we are so proud of him!
and I have to of course add some funny things he has said this month. There are always so many, but one I can recall to mind, he told Joe that his bare belly looked like a "messy tree." Joe had to call me at work to tell me that one and I could not stop cracking up!
and finally, you know when your baby is a big boy when he requests to ride in the fire truck part of the grocery store cart. I love grocery shopping with him because he sits warm and cozy in the seat cushion, and loves to take my jacket and make a nest around him. He always gives me hugs and kisses and is just so sweet. well, he saw a fire truck at Big Y and got sooo excited. so Joe put him in it (thoroughly cleaning it with purell wipes first) and Noah was excitedly screaming, "Mack!! WAit for me!!!" From where else, the Cars movie. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment